06 July 2010

Saturday record retrieval at the National Archives in D.C.

This press release is from the U.S. National Archives. Oh, how I wished for this service during the years I spent much of my time there. These record pulls are for the textual records that must be retrieved for you to view. Please note this is for July but if used may become a regular option.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE  July 6, 2010

National Archives Announces Pilot Program in Research Room at Archives I in DC. New Saturday records retrieval at Archives I - all Saturdays in July, 2010

Washington, DC. . . For the month of July, 2010, the National Archives in Washington, DC, (Archives I) will undertake a pilot program to provide archival records retrieval services on Saturdays.  This pull service is only for records that have designated retrieval information, and this pilot program is for Archives I only.

Records will be retrieved for use in the research room at the following “pull” times: 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.,
1:30 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.  For details about this pilot program and specific Saturday records retrieval procedures at Archives I in July, see http://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/newsletter/researcher-news.pdf

For information on research at Archives I in Washington, DC, specifically, see
http://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/washington/researcher-info.html
For information on general research at National Archives facilities nationwide, see
http://www.archives.gov/research/start/plan-visit.html

No comments: